- Download as:
Entrepreneur, PHP Developer, Internet Marketer
Jhaura Wachsman is an Internet Entrepreneur with core skills in start-up founding, PHP development (Laravel), and Internet Marketing.
Specialized in communication, team leading, and excellence in work ethic.
- Twitter: twitter.com/JhauraWachsman
- LinkedIn: linkedin.com/in/jhaurawachsman
- GitHub: github.com/jhauraw
WordPress / Octopress: Custom templates, plugins and integration with open-source frameworks, e-commerce and membership solutions.
High Scalability: Breaking the 1 second to load benchmark using CDNs, virtual version caching, GZip, optimization, concatenation and minification.
Internet Marketing: SEO, Affiliate, Adwords, Adsense, Analytics and Web Master Tools expertise increases monetization, profit and user experience.
Workflow: Gulp|Grunt for task automation, build and deploy scripts. Bower, NPM, GEM for package management. LESS|Compass|SaSS for efficient CSS. PHPStorm|Sublime Text IDE and iTerm shell. GIT using GitHub|Bitbucket for distributed version control, team work and open-source development. Photoshop and Illustrator (Sketch) for bitmap and vector graphics.
Entrepreneur, SaSS Web Apps, Internet Marketing
Self, Ojai, CA
Coding with PHP and building startups as co-founder and CTO.
Web Development and Programming
- LEMP, LAMP, with a focus on Laravel 4/5 for SaSS web apps.
- Full knowledge of WC3 standards for authoring validated code
- Section 508 and WAI relating to the Americans with Disabilities Act
- Demonstrated work in Internationalization (i18n) and Localization (l10n)
- Eight years SSL, credit card authorization and E-Commerce experience
- Amazon AWS and Cloudfront CDN (Content Delivery Network)
- Skilled in session management, cookies, frames, forms and debugging
- Over 10 years Photoshop/Image Ready, Flash and Illustrator design experience
- Expert at making Web pages load faster with image optimization and slices
- Able to bridge the gap between design and coding departments
- Re/designed over 50 Websites and over 100 graphic email newsletters
Email Newsletter Design, Development and Systems
- Photoshop design and HTML/CSS coding 100s of HTML/Text email newsletters
- Experience with all major ESPs such as Constant Contact and Aweber
- User experience, web-mail and Outlook tested designs and code
- Email newsletter optimization to decrease bandwidth costs
Internet Marketing, Direct Response Marketing
- Proven profit making campaigns with Google Adwords, Yahoo! and Microsoft
- Ebay, Amazon Seller, Ads, Associates and API setup and integration
- PPC, CPM, Adsense, banners, direct mail and email marketing channels
- Keyword research, market analysis, niche discovery and intelligence
- Google Analytics custom report creation for conversion performance
- Tapping every last drop of ROI and profit from revenue sources
- SEO for natural search ranking and user experience
- Facebook, Twitter social media App building and integration
Linux/Unix System Administration
- Six years Linux system administration experience - local and remote
Founder, Lead Web Developer
Consultlogic, Inc., Santa Barbara, CA
April 2000 - January 2005 (4 years 10 months)
Conceptualized, engineered and programmed PHP/MySQL Web application credited for generating 95% of the business revenue. Setup, optimized, secured and maintained multiple local and remote Linux file, database, email and Web servers responsible for running the core business applications with 99.9% uptime. Simultaneously served as president, CEO, software engineer and customer service agent for four years.
- Sold to a Santa Barbara Web Development company in 2005.
- Created one of the earliest Email Publishing cloud-based services similar to Constant Contact
- Became known as an expert in email publishing and HTML email
- Consulted by numerous authors and industry experts on email publishing
- Solely responsible for tripling new customer growth in two quarters
- Designed and coded over 100 HTML email newsletters and over 50 Websites
- Conducted usability and QA testing on over 50 MUAs (mail user agents)
Instructor Web Development, Adjunct
Santa Barbara City College, Santa Barbara, CA
December 2001 - January 2003 (1 year 2 months)
Created Web-based curriculum for MAT 108 Web Design Tools & Techniques and MAT 122 Web Design I. Instructed both courses in semester format lasting close to four months each. Quickly earned a reputation for being a precise and knowledgeable instructor of Web design and development.
Created three department websites, including the SBCC Radio property. Provided implementation strategy on web initiatives, Internet business development, web design and web standards to staff.
- Curriculum is still used today by subsequent instructors
- Students successfully published over 30 live Websites each class
- Brought in local industry leaders and experts to share experiences
- Helped with student job placement and internships at local companies
- Improved and polished public speaking and presentation skills
Web Products Manager
The Hendricks Institute, Inc., Carpinteria, CA
July 1999 - May 2001 (1 year 11 months)
Project manager responsible for IIS/SQL E-Commerce site deployment. Implemented marketing strategies through Affiliate Marketing increasing product placement on the Web. Deployed and managed third-party email marketing solution which increased seminar enrollment and product sales each month. Developed vendor and consumer relations policies centered around customer satisfaction.
- Designed and coded graphically rich HTML marketing emails
- Designed product graphics and copy for use in E-Commerce and marketing
- Produced CD, VHS, cassette and book products sold internationally
- Presented new products at seminars to groups of 20-100 people
Retail Store Manager
Channel Islands Surfboards, Santa Barbara, CA
June 1990 - July 1998 (8 years 2 months)
Began as Sales Associate, promoted to manager. Managed a team of 10 crew members under high-stress peak season retail conditions. Successfully cultivated a new era of customer service excellence by setting personal examples with difficult customers. Known as the 'goto' person who could make even the most irate customer return happy and satisfied.
- Contributed to sales increases of 50-500% in key departments
- Exceeded each days sales goals on a regular basis
- Worked with sales representatives in store and at trade shows
- Created a high standard of customer service
University of California, Santa Barbara
- Bachelor of Arts, Humanities, 1996 - 1998
- Certificate, E-Commerce, Web Development and Design, 2000 - 2001
- Activities and Societies: Study abroad in India. Extension studies for professional development.
City College, Santa Barbara
- Associate of Arts, Liberal Studies / Spanish, 1993 - 1996
- Activities and Societies: Study abroad in Mexico. Presidential honors.